Coding For Veterans
North of 41 together with industry partners have established a program to teach computer programming skills along with advanced course work in the areas of cyber security, data analytics to men and women from Canada’s armed forces. Coding for Veterans is an intensive program designed to equip veterans from the Canadian military with the skills required to enter and succeed in Canada’s technology-based workforce.
Purpose: To provide the men and women of Canada’s military with the necessary skill set required to excel in the Innovation Economy.
Format: Classes are taught through our accredited educational partners. This hands-on program will be designed to give the people leaving Canada’s military the ability to transition into jobs in Canada’s IT sector.
The program will revolve around two different training streams: basic and advanced. The intro level programming course will teach individuals the skills that are essential to any computer programming job. The advanced level courses (cyber, data analytics) will enable individuals with a higher level of expertise to further their technical skills and develop specialization in certain areas.
Work placement and industry outreach will form part of the core structure of the program so there will be jobs available for the program’s graduates.
- With Coding for veterans, the best and the brightest former military members will have the skills in computer programming and the opportunity to enter Canada’s technology based workforce.
- The program will provide support and resources to the graduating students.
- There is a business network developed around the program with companies ready to hire veterans: certified employer partners
- We work and partner with Veterans Affairs to promote this program, find talent and help veterans find high quality jobs.
- We will provide the perfect environment for veterans to connect with employers and former military members who already have had a successful transition.